Hey Peeps! I have loved the response you are giving on my SS 2018 lookbook. You guys are amazing and compelled me to write a post for Workwear and Friday Dressing to the office. Midi dress is always a safe bet especially when it comes to office wear.
Though I have quit the 9 to 5 grind and started building my dreams and hobby into respectable work, I have an office. I go to the office/client meetings in semi-formals. Like I always say, dress according to the place and occasion. I strongly follow it.
How to wear a midi dress to work
- Check the shirt button loops: Shirts or a shirt dress is always problematic for women with big busts. It tends to open up. All we need to do is be careful while buying and check the loop size of buttons. It should never be too big so that it can get open easily without your knowledge.
- Lenght should always be slightly above mid-calf: Most of us miss understand that midi length is anything which is below you the knee and above the ankle. To get the perfect look get the right length.
- A-line Silhouette is the best: A-line outfits always suit every body type. It’s the most flattering cut universally. If you want a perfect looking midi dress always go for A-line silhouette. It stresses upon your waist and flares out the length. Eventually, it looks super elegant and classy.
- Secure your waist with belt: Look and feel of a midi dress (shirt style) is nothing without giving a definition to your waist. It would give you a stout and blocky appearance if you don’t use a belt. Make your midi dress as flattering as possible and play around.
- Opt for a light fabric always: As it’s summer and you don’t want to feel heavy, lightweight fabrics are always alluring for summer.
- Accentuate the look with block heels: A beautiful minimal heel sandals/shoes should be enough to add a dash of drama and complete the look.
How to wear a midi dress for an everyday look
Everything mentioned in the previous paragraph stays true for a midi dress for a casual occasion as well. As it is sunny during the daytime, don’t forget to carry your sunglasses and accessorise it with a matching sling to your shoes.
Until the next time! Stay fabulous.
What I Wore
Dress by Elle Mora
Sling bag by Lavie
Footwear by Payless shoe source
Shades by Giordano